Registrations have begun for the 2022-2023 year. To register for an information session, please fill out this form.
Class of 2021-22
YOU CANNOT REGISTER ONLINE
Prepare for the State of Delaware Practical Nurse license exam (NCLEX-PN) in this intensive 3 semester training program. Our program is designed to help individuals develop the knowledge, critical thinking, decision-making, technical and psychosocial skills, and caring required of Practical Nurses. Student nurses are scheduled for clinical instruction beginning in the first semester and will be able to complete both classroom and clinical training during the full-time 11 month diploma program.
The practical nursing program at POLYTECH Adult Education located in Woodside Delaware is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
3390 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the practical nursing program is continuing accreditation.
Click here for the 2020-2021 student handbook.
Please call for updated prices and Financial Aid Information
Class of 2021-2022 Program Costs: $12,699
(cost includes textbooks and online training supplement)
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Anatomy & Physiology
SPRING Semester Courses
- Human Growth & Development
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I
- Maternal-Child/Pediatric Nursing
SUMMER Semester Courses
- Medical Surgical Nursing II
- Mental Health Nursing
- NCLEX Review & Preparation
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
The following steps must be taken:
- Submit completed application.
- Provide 2 letters of professional reference.
- Submit official high school transcript or proof of GED attainment.
- Achieve satisfactory scores on the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
- Attend a scheduled interview with the Practical Nursing Team.
- Initiate the State of Delaware Adult and Child Abuse Registry check and a criminal background investigation.
- Provide proof of health insurance, or signed waiver of same.
- Submit documentation of required immunizations.
- Undergo a drug screen within one month of program start date.
- Submit report of physical exam, providing documentation of his/her ability to meet physical requirements of a student nurse and nursing in general.
Applicants are responsible for all fees associated with admissions requirements including admission testing.
For more details, please see the attached informational flyer.